[oletrucks] PCV Retrofit to a 235

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] PCV Retrofit to a 235
From: Leon Corley <lcorley@dot11net.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 22:30:22 -0500
Hey guys,

I have a 235 with a Rochester B carb that I'm trying to retrofit with
PCV instead of the road draft tube.
I tried a Fram FV184 PCV valve because it's for the Chevy 194/250.
I'm using 3/8 rubber hose from the valve to the fitting on the intake
manifold.
It seems as though the model B carb can't provide enough fuel through
the idle jet to support the extra air coming in through the PCV valve.
I've got it almost all the way out and it still runs rough as if it were
lean. Without the PCV hook-up, idle mixture seemed right at about 1 1/2
turns open, now I've got it 3 turns open.  Any comments? Do you think I
should restrict the flow through the PCV some?
Anybody done this successfully on a similar engine/carb combo?

regards,
Leon