[oletrucks] checking compression 350 chevy

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] checking compression 350 chevy
From: "T Cooper" <tntcoop@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 22:01:17 -0400
I am going to do a compression test because I had a little milky looking
stuff in the oil pan. It may be from condensation since I didn't even have
my radiator connected. Although maybe there was some water left in the
engine in someplace. I did see about a table spoon of water fall from the
lower hose connector of the water pump.
Anyway, what is considered to lo of a compression? My oil pan is leaking
too, would it hurt the engine to do a compression check without any oil? I
will be turning it over and not cranking it?

Thanks again for the help,

            Tom still struggling and learning in SC

1955 2nd