[oletrucks] 59 3100 Radio installation question

To: Old_ChevroletGMCTrucks@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks Net
Subject: [oletrucks] 59 3100 Radio installation question
From: Jonas Thaler <jonasthaler@jonasthaler.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 22:24:09 -0700
I just put a nice radio (which I have been told is rebuilt and works)
into my 59 Fleetside 1/2 ton.  It has a dark wire coming out of it
which I know to be the positive lead that plugs into RADIO on the
accessory fuse block under the dash.

There is a thinner wire with a bullet plug on the end which I know to
be the speaker lead.  I also recognize the antenna.

Lastly there are two yellowish wires coming out of the radio, color-
coded the same; one loops back into the body of the radio and the
other one has a female connector on the end.

I'm pretty sure that I know where the yellowish wire connects under
the dash, but if I knew the function of that wire I could be sure
before I plug it in and apply power.

Anybody know what the yellowish wire does?

Thanks!!!