[oletrucks] 54 chevy dash & 261 engine!!!!

To: Old Chevy Suburban list <old-burb-club@yahoogroups.com>, Oletrucks
Subject: [oletrucks] 54 chevy dash & 261 engine!!!!
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:40:35 -0600
Hello to all,

I have a friend here in the Colorado mountains that is rebuilding a 54 Chevy
Burb.  Bob Chansler was kind enough to give him the running gear and wheels.
I have given him a hard time and a carburetor and transmission.  He needs most
of the dash from the ash tray to the gauges.  All of the yards that have 54
Chebbys don't want to have their dash 'hacked up' even though they will
probably crush the truck next week.  This friend is on a very very tight
budget and is taking care of his 90+ year old Dad.

So if there is anyone out there that has a 'spare' 54 Chevy dash for this guy
for low $$$ (preferably $0.00)?

Also, I saw a 261 engine sitting on the ground in a Greeley junk yard.  I
couldn't get the block casting number because it was laying on that side but
the head is a 235 (3836848).  It has the 3/4" oil lines and the 261 filter and
has the captain bars.  The pan is bent and it would be just a core engine.
The brother of the owner said $175 for the engine with exchange and $225
without.  I'm thinkin' that he will probably go down $50 either way cuz I told
him what a bunch of cheapskates you all are. ;-)  Also I didn't mention that
it is a 261, I said a chevy six that would be between 54 to 62, probably a
235.  NEVER SAY 261 cuz it adds at least $100 to the price (right Jeff?).

Durwood 51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window 52 Burb54 Jimmy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5
window
Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with
Windows..
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588800/direct/01/