[oletrucks] questions on a 216 6 cylinder

To: "Truck" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] questions on a 216 6 cylinder
From: "wayne osborne" <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:01:11 -0500
I recently received the below regarding a problem with a 216, i've never
been invovled with a rebuild on this engine and wonder if I might ask the
group for some advice on this guys problem.... He later stated that he's had
the head redone this past summer, milled to a flat surface for mating to the
block..  Any and all thoughts greatly appreciated. Regarding his comments on
the water running out of the hole in the photo - is that a freeze plug
hole??? As mentioned never been invovled with a 216 before.... Already told
him a no-go on the Bar's stop leak, and no overflow if the thermostate
doesn't open either regarding his ?? on the hole... --wayne

Here's his email....
I am trying to get my Chevy up and running. The block has a leak somewhere.
Water gets in the oil and this "froth" comes out the blow-by tube.
This was back in the summer. I was told the other day to use Bar's Leak to
fix the leak. Good idea?
Also, I have attached 2 pics for you.
"I've placed the two photos here--
http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/photo1.jpg
http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/photo2.jpg
When I was running the engine
tonight, water started coming out the circled areas. This did not happen
back in the summer (the last time I ran it). Does this happen when either
the thermostat does not open or it could have been the lines had frozen
water in them? I didn't think it was that cold...it has been in the low 40s
all day, but it was down pretty chilly last night. I thought maybe they
were outlet ports of some sort.  Thanks for any help.

Michael Sater