Re: [oletrucks] 235 engine problems - update and next question

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 235 engine problems - update and next question
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 19:33:47 -0800
I still don't know why, but the problem was definitley oil starvation.  The
best advice I've received is what I really knew but didn't want to hear. The
engine has to come out, the crank ground, block boiled, etc., etc.  I am
going to bring it to a shop to get all the engine work done - right this
time, but I have to get it out of the truck.

So, the question is: Do I have to take the engine and transmission out
together? Disconnect the trans at the bell housing? or disconnect the bell
housing at the engine?  Disconnecting the bell housing at teh engine would
be my preference since a) I have to remove the clutch and flywheel anyway
and because to get the trans out I would have to take out the carpet which
means taking out the heater, and maybe the seat.

It's a 4 speed floor shifter trans. The book says to take the engine and
trans out as one unit, but I don't know what trans they are assuming is in
there.

Thanks, I would appreciate any and all advice.

Bob