RE: [oletrucks] Best headers

To: <ddstoops@ligtel.com>, oletrucks oletrucks
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Best headers
From: Carl & Becky Ham <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:00:25 -0500
Dean:

I have a '56 Chevy Stepside with a SB 283 and the same TCI IFS installed.  I
added a set of block-hugger headers 2 years ago.  It is a close fit (less than
1 inch) clearance between my steering shaft and the headers.  I had to machine
a shaft to go between the end of my steering column and the universal joint.
It took a couple of tries and measurements before I had it just right.

I'm attaching a couple of pictures of my engine compartment.  If you blow-up
the pictures to about 150%, you should be able to see well-enough what I'm
talking about.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Carl Ham

'56 Chevy Stepside Pickup

Sparland, IL

> From: ddstoops@ligtel.com
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Subject: [oletrucks] Best headers
> Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:24:24 -0400
>
> I'm working on a '52 AD panel that the P/O started to install a 350 S/B
crate
> motor. It has a Mustang ll front suspension made by TotalCostInvolved. It
> appears that the steering shaft must run down just inside the frame next to
> the headers. I'm trying to figure out if I can use "block hugger" headers
or
> if I should use the "rams horn" cast iron headers. I'd be interested in
pics
> of a completed project if possible. Thanks guys!!!

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg]