RE: [oletrucks] 235 v 283

To: <kremerrak@aol.com>, oletruck oletruck <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 235 v 283
From: K Ohlgren <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 10:30:50 -0400
rick

regardless of the engine size, the only way to get highway speeds out of these
trucks is to change the rearend gear. i am a V8 fan, particularly a small
block for economy, hp and torque. 283 is a worthy motor, how ever unless you
are concerned with numbers matching motors, the 350 is readily avalible and
looks like a 283 if you dress it like a 283. any 265 to 400 small block can be
made to look like a 283. any car 4 speed from the 60s-80s will bolt to your 6
cly bellhousing, getting the floor shift to look period will be a challenge.

i have always been a fan of 58-59 panels, send/post pics.

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...
When I die, i want to go asleep and peaceful, not screaming and freaking out
like everyone else in the car.

> From: KremerRAK@aol.com
> Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 08:05:36 -0400
> Subject: [oletrucks] 235 v 283
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
>
> The time has come to either freshen up the existing 235 or replace it in my
> 58 panel. Up for consideration is rebuilding the 235 or replacing it with a
> rebuilt 283. This would keep it period correct. If the 235 was rebuilt,
> what modifications would make it more road worthy (dual car intake, ...)?
Would
> this provide the horse power and torque to drive on the highways of today?
> What could be done to replace the existing three on the tree with a four on
> the floor?
>
> You folks have to have lots of ideas, so let me have it.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Rick Kremer
>
> 54 5 window
> 58 panel

Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet
Explorer 8.
http://ie8.msn.com/microsoft/internet-explorer-8/en-us/ie8.aspx?ocid=B037MSN5
5C0701A