RE: [oletrucks] 235 v 283

To: kjohlgren@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 235 v 283
From: mark <ccpanel@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 22:11:03 -0700 (PDT)
um-are not eh 6 and 8 bellhousings different? i recall having to change toa
V8 bell when i swapped my 235 out of my TF and brought in SBC.
235 was killer power and very good MPG for a pickup...
my 7,000# dually 1ton was underpowered and it ran hot due to 5.13 rear gears..
=)
the SBC can rev higher with less heat and strain.

gear vendors swap in the next 60 days. then 4 wheel disc brakes.

-
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.
But I repeat myself.
         - Mark Twain
-
http://customclassics.org