[oletrucks] Gas spill causing clear to bubblle up!

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Gas spill causing clear to bubblle up!
From: "Mike Sergesketter" <mserges@psci.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 08:45:32 -0400
Drove my 57 to work on Friday and when I filled her up with gas I got some
blow back and some gas spilled on the paint. Wiped it off immediately. Paint
is one year old base coat/clear coat. After just 12 hours the clear now seems
to be lifting and has a rough finish in the pattern of the gas spill. The guy
that painted the truck (he moved out of state) said when he painted the truck
that the modern paints were resistant to gas spills. Is there a problem with
the paint or is this typical? What are my options for fixing the finish?

Thanks, Mike