[Oletrucks] rear end bearings

To: ole trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Oletrucks] rear end bearings
From: Dustin Cross <livnrt@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 22:35:58 -0700
Looking for help!

I am replacing the bearings in my '93 S10 rear end.  The carrier bearings and
the large pinion bearing were chewed up but not discolored.  All was going
smooth until I went to reinstall the carrier and found that it is too tight
from side to side.  I double and then tripple checked the bearings and they
are seated correctly.  This had the bearings replaced at 90k miles (just
before I got it) and now at 195k, is it possible that the shims/spacers are
too thick and it is causing the failures?  Everything else is in perfect
shape.  the spacers are marked in yellow, one has three hash marks and the
other four but the appear to be the same thickness.  I will measure them
tomorrow to be sure.  Can you purchase different thicknesses?  Where?