[Oletrucks] My Trucks

To: <Oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Oletrucks] My Trucks
From: "Mac Kinghorn" <kinghorn@watersidewireless.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:55:36 -0600
Well lets see if I can get anything going here.  First off I have a 52 Chev
1300 pick up with a 216 and three speed.  I have another project that I am
working on that has a rebuilt 235 in it that has never been started.  It is a
61 Chev short box flleet side and is going to be upgraded to 81 Chev running
gear.  The 235 is now scheduled to be installed in the 52 and will be tweaked
a bit, cam, manifold, carb(s), header, dual exhaust, ect. to make a period
correct?? sport truck.  My question is what obstacles will I encur to do this
transplant.  Secondly I have an issue with my headlights and their dullness,
especially in low beam.  Everything seems to work okay, voltage is right,
wiring harness was upgraded when rebuilt, headlights have been aligned but, to
me, way to dull.  Any ideas on how to get them up to proper brightness.  They
are 7" round Halogens.
Thirdly I have an aftermaket wiper motor to install and wonder what comments
you may have as to installation.  I am reluctant to provide Newports name here
but it is supposed to be a bolt in setup.  Any comments or suggestions.
Lastly I would like to drop my truck down a bit and have noticed that CPP has
a drop axle for the front as well as lowering, single leafs, for the rear.
Has anybody had any experience with either of these and if so any suggestions
or issues to deal with:

Thanks and good luck with the snow, as I see that some of you fellas toward
the east are getting somewhat of a #$^& - kicking with the weather.

Mac Kinghorn
61 Chev C10