Re: [Oletrucks] best place to buy restoration parts for 1954 3100

To: Jim Krontz <jim_krontz@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] best place to buy restoration parts for 1954 3100
From: Gale Gorman <gale_gorman@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 16:22:35 -0500
I was shopping for some sheet metal parts and the freight charges drove the
overall cost out of sight. LMC charges a one time $125 even if I had 7 or 8
parts in the truck. Brothers has a charge per piece like they're getting
shipped separately. The sheet metal from LMC looks like good quality and the
packaging was outstanding.

I bought wood from Brothers and it actually came from Mar-K. Very nice quality.
I looked at The Mar-K website and they didn't offer drilling and countersinking
but Brothers did for $30 per set. Mar-K may have done the drilling but I didn't
know about that source until the boxes showed up.

Also needed the cross sills and metal strips for one truck and they came from
Brothers also and they look like good quality.

I've shopped the catalogs of other sources with an eye toward what looks most
like original equipment.

Now I'll have a look at Bow Tie Bits.
--
Gale Gorman