Re: [Oletrucks] best place to buy restoration parts...

To: Leon Corley <lcorley2@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] best place to buy restoration parts...
From: Gale Gorman <gale_gorman@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 08:47:44 -0500
Good idea to spread the buying around.

I bought a couple of tailgates from Classic that looked good. In January I
ordered a lot of stuff from Brothers to take advantage of a 15% off sale.

Just recently looked at Mar-K's website and they advertised their stepside
tailgates as weighing 28 lbs. I weighed one of mine from Classic on a bathroom
scale and it was a little more than 23. They look as good as OEM but may not be
the same gauge.

Modern trucks use thinner sheet metal partly because it is MUCH higher tensile
strength. Also much more difficult to work out a dent.
--
Gale Gorman
Houston