Re: [Oletrucks] [old-chevy-truck] MIG Welder Opinion

To: old-chevy-truck <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] [old-chevy-truck] MIG Welder Opinion
From: K Ohlgren <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 23:36:36 -0400
while i would never recommend buying anything from norther tool or harbor
freight. i would recommend a flux core welder. lincoln or miller from hd, i
bought a lincoln flux core from home depot to weld most of my 58 project. yes,
you have to grind, but i grind all welds any way. but i have never run out of
gas. my welder is always ready to go and it plugs into 115 volt plug any
where. i used to stick weld for a living. unless your welding mostly 1/4'' and
up, do not buy a stick welder, especialy a cheap stick welder. i welded my
must II  x-member in with my flux core. i paid 300 for mine on sale at home
depot

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...
When I die, i want to go asleep and peaceful, not screaming and freaking out
like everyone else in the car.