Re: [Oletrucks] oletrucks list still out there??

To: Oletrucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] oletrucks list still out there??
From: Dan Partain <dgpartain@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 15:46:32 -0700
I've been following the list for quite a while now even though I have my
'53 3100 to a point that is presentable and driveable, but not restored. I
just came back from taking a load of E-Waste to the recycling center in it.
That's usually how I find the time to drive it, a trip to the dump.

I took it as far as I want to go for now - new wiring (the headlights are
great, still 6V), new bed wood & strips, all new brakes and radial 15"
tires, Maaco paint job. It really took about 5 years to get it to that
point, but I started with a pretty solid truck. I still want to do a few
things as time and money permit - new windshield(s), door hinges, it would
be nice to have 5 rims that match each other, reupholster the seat,
headliner, etc.

I'm trying to get my '29 Model A pickup back together before I become any
more of a senior citizen and to old to enjoy it...

Dan
1953 3100
http://s959.photobucket.com/albums/ae79/sugarpine/1953%20Chevy%203100/?action=view&current=53Chevy.jpg