[Oletrucks] Enclosed Trailer Winter Storage

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Oletrucks] Enclosed Trailer Winter Storage
From: "James Hays" <thomasind@nventure.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 17:57:30 -0800
Hello Ole Truckers:

Firstly I live in Western Washington State with all of our winter moisture
issues.

Year before last trailer stored my 55-1st for 3 months with not too good of
results - all non-coated bolts had a layer of rust - not pitted but heavy
coating - no trailer leaks. Truck now is enclosed  - with all glass but no
doors or front vent seals.

Now have top vent opened position cover allowing vent to be opened 100% of
the time if desired & keeps the weather out ( top vent closed before ). Now
with top vent open & one at each end smaller - 3'' D always open vents
should allow some air flow if desired.

What would anyone recommend as precautions to avoid it smelling old at the
end of March- assume vents open - doors open / closed - constant fan ??

Any suggestions appreciated,

Jim

55-1st   350 LT1 / 4L60E

Oletrucks@autox.team.net