Re: light - was benches

To: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Subject: Re: light - was benches
From: Andy Banta <Andy.Banta@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 08:06:47 -0800
> What I've never figured out was, why the light was $8-$10, but a
> replacement ballast is $15-$20.  Cheaper to just buy a new light, though
> it offends my sensibilities.

I've never ripped into one to the "workshop" lights I pick up, but
they're far too light to have a ballast in them.  I always assumed
they had some funky little circuit that didn't put out decent-enough
quality light for indoor lighting, but was adequate for "workshops."

Now you have me wondering.  I'll have to tear one apart when I get
home.

If you're in the bay area, Home Depot is (was?) selling the
shoplights for $5.47.

andy