Wire brush wheels

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire brush wheels
From: ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 12:44:31 -0400
While preparing to replace the sills on my MGB I have discovered
that a wire brush wheel does a very good job of removing rust, paint,
undercoating, and the glue which was used to hold down the carpet.

I initially tried it in my die grinder (1/4" air driven) and it worked very
well.  The shape of the die grinder is ideal for getting into tight
spots.  However, I noticed that the die grinder has a rated speed
of 22,000 rpm while the wire brush wheel is rated at a maximum of
4000 rpm.  Does anyone know where I can get wire brush wheels with
an appropriate speed rating (1/4" shaft) or, conversely, is there
another type of air tool which would be more appropriate
for this purpose?

TIA,
Peter Schauss