RE: Phosphoric Acid

To: fm7m-hnjy@asahi-net.or.jp
Subject: RE: Phosphoric Acid
From: "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 17:22:58 -0600
>Do I dilute it further for use as a deruster?

You should use a 15% solution for derusting.  Be careful with the 75%
stuff.

>Also, any information on precautions during the
>dilution process (like which do you pour in first, water into acid or

You normally pour an acid into the water to dilute it.
For phosphoric acid, it's not as important as there is not a large heat of
dilution.

 Lee M. Daniels                 Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
 daniels@cryogen.com                                      Texas A&M University
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB      "Damn the candles on the cake, crank up the rock & roll
  and slide the Triumph through the curves!" - TeriAnn Wakeman