Re: Air Compressor

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Air Compressor
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 18:23:00 -0500
-> Somebody please tell me that despite my compressor's over inflated
-> big 5 HP rating, that such a compressor with a 30 gallon tank can
-> work with such items . . . if only on a very short and interrupted
-> basis.

 Sure.  I've done a ton of blasting and painting with a little Sears
1.5hp portable compressor.  You just have to stop and wait for it to
catch up every now and then.  It's not the end of the world.

 I gave the little compressor to a friend when I got the big one.  I
regret that now - it was small enough to lift into the trunk of a car,
or wheel around to the front yard, or take over to work on something
someplace else.  The big compressor ain't going nowhere without a couple
of buddies and a pickup truck.

 Tool lust, like heroin or horsepower addiction, always cries for more.
I have a very nice old milling machine, for example, but I drool over
the pictures of the bigger and better ones in the catalogs...

====dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==