Re: RE**200: PVC air piping

To: Mark Miller <markm@tutsys.com>
Subject: Re: RE**200: PVC air piping
From: Robert Brooks <rbrooks@micrelinc.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 08:40:58 -0400
In my opinion if the manufacturers DO NOT recommend PVC for high
pressure air lines, then there must be a very good reason.  They are in
the business to sell pipe.  And if air lines were a Good applications
for this product, they would be the first ones to push it.

Just because you or your buddies have not had a problem yet, does not
mean that there is not a problem.  And to my knowledge, I have never had
a 22 fired inside my shop, or in any of the plants I worked in.  But
then again we used either cast iron, or special Cu line for air lines.

Just my 2 cents.

Bob
rbrooks@micrelinc.com