Re: FW: Shopsmith and tools in general

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: FW: Shopsmith and tools in general
From: "Nils O. Ny" <n.ny@intest.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 15:25:32 -0800
>> From:        mikey @ inline-tech.com [SMTP:mbx0184@west.net]
>>
>> > I'm wondering about Shopsmiths. What do you people think of this
>> > lots-in-one tool? Or should I find a selection of specific tools?
>> >

>>  Guess I am trying to say they are ok,
>> but
>> they will never do the job as well as a dedicated tool.
>>
>>      mike

They will NEVER do the job as well as a specific tool !   The Shopsmith is
not an inexpensive tool and you would be much better off with a couple of
specific tools.  The trouble with these things is you spend most of your
time converting and setting up the damn thing instead of using it.
It is a jack of all trades and the master of none .

My .02 worth   ........  Nils