RE: Atlas lathes and Shopsmiths

To: htobin@foxboro.com, larryhoy@ecentral.com
Subject: RE: Atlas lathes and Shopsmiths
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 10:14:18 -0800
There were several different kinds of lathes sold under the Craftsman
brand - I'm a South Bend fan, myself, so I don't have the distinctions
at my fingertips, but I know that there were a bunch made by
Atlas, which are still supported by the new owner of the Atlas
brand, Clausing. There were some others that are supported
by almost no one, except one guy who seems to do it as a labor
of love and a side business.

You canfind the details in the rec.crafts.metalworking FAQ, at
or around http://w3.uwyo.edu/~metal/ - that will also point
you at some used machinery dealers who might have things like
chucks and other spare parts and accessories.