Re: automotive studs

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: automotive studs
From: "Nils O. Ny" <n.ny@intest.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 14:37:19 -0400
At 01:46 AM 6/14/98 +0000, Matt Liggett wrote:

>Does anyone know of a good, cheap source of automotive studs?  By this I
>mean studs which are fine thread on one end and coarse on the other.  MSC
>only has full fine thread.  I'm finishing up an A-series rebuild for my
>Midget and I had to pay $0.70 apiece for the few I bought at the hardware
>store.  This is for unplated, ungraded steel.  The selection was
>horrible, too.
>--
><mml@pobox.com>                                              Matt Liggett
>                                  '60 Mini, '70 Midget, '89 SAAB 900t SPG

Find a good local automotive parts store (the kind that is only
open to the trade during the week) and you will find they have a
good supply of hardened studs of almost every conceivable size.
If they don't have exactly what you want you will often find one
that can be cut to end up with what you want.

Regards  Nils
Yardley,  PA
59(100-6)  69XKE  72/73MGB  52MGTD