Welding

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Welding
From: dcvjrv@flashcom.net
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:28:41 -0500
On to my next new adventure.  I am going to have a go at learning how to
weld.  I plan on doing most of this learning on a trial and error basis and
I intend to read a lot and maybe view videos as a learning
tool.  Unfortunately I have not been able to find a local school that
teaches this other than as a full blown class of which I don't want to go
nine months every day to school.  Although it probably wouldn't hurt me. :>)

My intent is to use this primarily (at least in the beginning) for truck
and car panel repair, patching, etc.  I do have a couple of old donor cars
that are ready for the scrap heap and I thought I would practice on them at
first.

Now for the question.  What type of welding should I start with - mig, tig,
arc, ???.

After that is determined, I will work on equipment.

Thanks again for all your help.

Jim V.