Storage of equipment

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Storage of equipment
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:34:08 -0800
   As I have acquired a new car my garage is no longer big enough for all
my toys.  I had to move my Delta Unisaw and shaper and drill press outside
of the garage.  I put them in a space next to the garage that has a
fibreglass roof and nice strong locked wooden gate at the driveway
end.  But that gate is by no means airtight.  And the other end into my
backyard is just a chain link gate.  How do I prevent these great tools
from rusting ?

   For now I just waxed the daylights out of the surface and covered them
table tops with 30wt motor oil (its what I had handy).  I was thinking I
should grease them instead or cosmolene (if I can find that stuff) but it
wont help all the nuts/bolts/misc small parts on the tools.   My wife
suggested wrapping them in plastic and spraying oil into the plastic...any
better ideas ?  These tools are there for quite a while, probably years but
I would like to be able to use them once in a while.  My cars are wood
framed after all and I still do like to build things, something that
protects them and yet is easily cleaned is the fantasy.

    Any suggestions ?

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/