Re: Parts cleaner

To: Jay Siegfried <jays2@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Parts cleaner
From: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 10:41:48 -0700
Jay Siegfried wrote:

> I am looking for a cleaning solution for parts cleaning that is water
> soluble and safe for aluminum parts. Most of the cleaners I have looked at
> have warnings to avoid contact with aluminum.

Hi Jay,

McMaster-Carr has a water-based, non-ferrous parts washer solvent
which is formulated for aluminum. A 25 lb carton costs $78, and
you mix 3-8 oz per gallon of water. The part number is 3309k63
and you can heat it up to 180 degrees for faster action.

I have not used it, but I buy Super Agitene from them, and I
think it is the great.  You can call them (562) 692-5911 or email
lasales@mcmaster.com or web www.mcmaster.com.

They are a fine firm -- I have tossed my Grainger and MSC
catalogues, seriously.

doug