RE: Jacks

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <jdrush@enter.net>, <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Subject: RE: Jacks
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 06:09:44 -0500
Take a look at some Lincoln jacks, especially the old ones (about
$20-40).  I've got a 5 ton unit with a deck height of about 3.5 inches.
No problem with a fake saddle scoop, the entire jack is low slung.

>>> "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com> 03/13/02 04:17PM >>>

For me, the one problem I have, getting under a low car, this jack
wouldn't help.  Although the jack is low, it has to reach far enough
under the car to get to the cross member to lift, and the frame of the

jack would hit the body of the car long before it would be in
position.