tractor ranting - best deleted!

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: tractor ranting - best deleted!
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 15:06:41 -0600
From: "Randall Young"

> And, as I said before, maximum pull is _not_ maximum horsepower.

Maximum pull certainly IS maximum DBHP, that was the subject.

>  It's up to the manufacturer's representative how much weight (if
> any) is actually added.  I wasn't there, I don't know how much they added,
> and the tests results you quoted didn't specify either.

The written test always gives the weight, look it up.  The mfg. rep. is
there to be sure his tractor is tested fairly and looks good.     It took
weight to add 25% more DBHP to the Test G . .

> However, I found a site that says for test #575 in 1956 they added 700
> pounds.  Certainly not "approaching the weight of the tractor itself".

My quote was:  "IN SOME CASES"  .  .  .  sheesh!

> It's tractive effort TIMES speed.  Double the speed, get half the tractive
> effort, the drawbar horsepower is unchanged. <snip>  Adding weight does
not
> add horsepower, otherwise you'd be seeing weights on race cars.

Too wrong and ridiculous for comment . . you "haven't a clue" as to drawbar
horsepower.

> My car delivers a fairly honest 100 "drawbar" horsepower at 90 mph, but
> there's no way it could deliver 1600 lbs of pull (if for no other reason
> than it has less than 1000 lbs over the drive wheels).

Too wrong and ridiculous for comment, you have NO concept of  drawbar HP.,
your little car may have 100 FLYWHEEL HP . . . but you don't know the
difference . .

> Excuse me, the Nebraska tests are the official ... Nebraska tests.  Got
> nothing to do with official United States tests ...

Wrong again,  . . . you are amazing!

http://tractortestlab.unl.edu

"The University of Nebraska Tractor Test Laboratory is the officially
designated tractor testing station for the United States and tests tractors
according to the codes of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and
Development (OECD). Twenty-eight countries participate in the tractor test
codes, with active tractor test stations in approximately 25 of those
countries. The OECD codes require that tractors be tested in the country of
manufacture. Reciprocity agreements with the codes require that once an OECD
test report is officially approved, it must be accepted by all participating
countries."

I'm out of here, no more response please, I'll delete it for obvious
reasons.

Tony in Texas
When did ignorance become a point of view? . . (Dilbert) <-: