RE: painted shop floors

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: painted shop floors
From: "Keith Kaplan" <keithka@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:44:11 -0800
TIG spatter has no effect on my Griot's epoxy paint.  If you're really
worried, drop one of those fireproof welding blankets under you.  I try
not to drag sharp heavy things across the floor just to be safe.

Almost 2 years later, there are 3 spots where there's paint missing.
The concrete is also missing in 2 of them (sometimes I drop really heavy
things) and the third area is where I remember not prepping as perfectly
as the rest of the floor.  Apparently the acid doesn't take oil off the
floor, so get the floor really spotless before you etch.