RE: painted shop floors

To: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Subject: RE: painted shop floors
From: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:36:20 -0800 (PST)
I painted my floor with the best garage floor paint that Home
Depot sold (now that says very, very little, I know), etched the
floor with acid, was very careful about all the steps, and now
the paint comes off in sheets even from using a leaf
blower on it.

I think the paint is trash, but I also think that I probably
should have pressured washed the concrete more/better after the
acid wash.

What a mess, what a bloody mess.  After all the work of moving
everything out of the garage, and all the back breaking scrubbing
and acid fumes, it is just a horrible mess.

I would recommend that whatever you do, try to do it right (I
mean, I tried to do it right, but....) or have a pro do it,
because it is way too much time and work to have it fail, and it
is just a horrible disappointing mess when it fails....

doug
los angeles