Suburban brakes

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Suburban brakes
From: mbarre@juno.com
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 00:21:37 GMT
Wow!  Great, quick responses.
I will make sure to insert some CRs.
When I first got the truck it had fresh brakes all around and they lasted 2
years and ~30K miles before Frt L was gone. R was low but not as bad as left. I
was very busy so I just put new pads on and was quickly amazed at how much the
cheap, lifetime pads dusted (wearing too fast?).  After 6 K miles the F L was
shot again so I upgraded pads and put on a rebuilt caliper on the left and
totally flushed the system w/ new fluid.
Now, <10K miles, the F L is gone again, will check the right this weekend.
I don't think she is riding the brakes, but will have more info after this
weekend as far as how the other wheels are looking.
Thanks for the responses.

Matt Barre
97 One Ton Dodge P/U(tower)
96 Sub - kid hauler
71 TR-6, temporarily laid up (needs fuel pump and carb adjust)
60 TR-3 (loooooong term project)
73 Spitfire autoxer - only out once a month but what fun!
84 Honda Interceptor - transportation of last resort.  I end up using it more
than I should with so many options but I still love riding it.