Paint Booth for Powder coating

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint Booth for Powder coating
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:12:36 -0700
   Ok, what do I need to build myself a small booth for powder coating, I
expect that I will never paint regular paint with it (I do all that stuff
outside), JUST powder coating which may or may not require a explosion
proof motors.

  Basically I "need" the last booth on this page
http://www.hotcoat.com/cgi-bin/sgdynamo.exe?HTNAME=/hotcoatpro/spraybooth.htm&UID=2002100415553307

(the large one for $899)

   bigger picture at :
http://www.hotcoat.com/cgi-bin/sgin0108.exe?T1=58129B&UID=2002100415553307&UREQA=1&FNM=15

it sure looks like I could build one for a lot less money, I have a
brother-in-law who does sheet metal work for a living and from the picture
he said "in my sleep" when I asked if he could build it.  I could even
build it out of plywood.  But what are the filters that I need and more
importantly the motor/fan, what size, where do I get it and rough guess on
the cost.  I assume the filters could be everyday forced air heater filters.

   I love powder coating and I made a plastic drop cloth booth but its a
pain to set up each time and now that i have a oven, I am doing it more often.

   Mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/