Re: Paint Booth for Powder coating

To: Ralph Forsythe <rf-list@centerone.com>
Subject: Re: Paint Booth for Powder coating
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:10:45 -0700
At 03:00 PM 10/4/2002 -0600, Ralph Forsythe wrote:
>Did you pay for a large oven, or??  I have an old range in my garage I was
>going to use to coat small things, but I also have a V8 engine block I
>think needs a healthy coating of FoMoCo blue, and a 700lb block will not
>fit in a GE oven unfortunately.  I was going to get one of those IR lamps

    I purchased 3 years ago the Eastwood IR lamp, they have bigger ones now
which would be nice.  I have been using that IR lamp for large items and I
had a toaster oven that I slightly enlarged with some sheet metal, it
worked quite well on small pieces.  About 3 weeks ago I purchased a rather
large oven from someone remodelling their kitchen for $75 and that has been
working GREAT.

   For a V8 engine block you would have to go to a special (really big)
oven that will eat a lot juice, it might be cheaper to have it coated by a
shop unless you do these things on a monthly basis.  However, the lamps
would do the job, by the time you got halfway done the block would probably
be quite warm and curing area would heat quite fast.  I found when I did my
rear axle housing that the area next to the lamp was sitting around
300degrees by the time the curing area was cured and it didn't take long
after moving the lamp to get the new area to cure temp.

   Mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/