[Top] [All Lists]

What kind of screw is this?

Subject: What kind of screw is this?
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 21:01:57 -0500 (20kb)

Anyone know what this kind of fastener head is called?  I couldn't find any
matches for the head style on McMaster's site... bigger question is where to
purchase the sockets to remove this screw style?

These are relatively small screws used to hold on the dashpot cover and
float bowl cover onto the carb body of an SU HIF44 carburettor (from an MG
Metro).  I'm hoping they aren't a proprietary designed fastener just to keep
people from opening up the carbs!  I managed to get them undone, a pair of
snap ring pliers worked reasonably well to undo the screws... but I'd like
to have the proper bit on hand.



///  unsubscribe/change address requests to  or try
///  Archives at

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>