RE: slightly OT: hitch ball ?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: slightly OT: hitch ball ?
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 10:35:06 -0500
Just a note, I always grease my hitch.  Once, I had a new ball and I
didn't grease it.  On my way to FL from NJ, the motion of the trailer
turning loosened up the ball nut.  The trailer tongue would bind on the
ball and turn it.  The lock nut held the nut so it loosened the nut after
a while.

So when I grease a ball now, I make sure to get some where the tongue
latch contacts the ball.

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?"
R Waters.

<Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-owner@autox.team.net
03/28/2003 13:33