Re: Lifts

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lifts
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:35:53 -0700
> Well, I've come to the end of my rope regarding not having a lift in my
> shop, so I'm going to buy one. Thinking about this one:
> http://www.gesforless.com/product_info.isg?products_id=343
> Anybody have this model? The specs call for a 4" minimum slab. My shop
> has a ~4" slab but that seems awfully thin for a 10K lift?

I'm in the same boat, will be putting in a lift once our current remodel is
complete.  All I really need is a 7000lb lift, but some of the larger ones
have some nice options that the 7000lb home-type lifts don't.

Pretty much everything out there calls for 4" concrete, minimum 2500psi, at
the 7-10K level.  From what I've seen on the various websites some 12K
lifts call for 4", some 4.5".

I'm not sure *how* thick our garage floor is, it was one of the few things
we didn't tear up.  I suppose I could drill a hole and find out...is there
an easier way?

John.