Re: MB SLR Speed!

To: LBC286@aol.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MB SLR Speed!
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:51:21 -0400
According to these guys:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/previews/previews_story.php?id=37487

It can easily do 200mph.  I don't know what tires are on the car, but I
would imagine that they come with high speed ratings.  Those speeds you are
quoting from Nazareth Speedway...  are those max speeds or lap
speeds?  Those turns have a way of slowing you down.  Actually, I don't
know anything about the configuration of those cars or that track, so I
can't really comment about the comparison.  As far as going 200mph on the
street is concerned, I don't think the car really knows where it is.  I
think it's just a matter of how crazy you are.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net