Re: Hello -- first post & question on floor coatings

To: orphancars@direcway.com,
Subject: Re: Hello -- first post & question on floor coatings
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:36:06 -0800
>What about tile??  Is anyone using a covering that they would recommend?

   I was going to go with epoxy by a company whose  name i cant remember
right now  (real useful eh?)  I ended up going with Racedeck tiles.  It was
a LOT more expensive but I am very pleased with them after only a year of
use they are holding up very well.  I damaged them 2 days after
installation and not since so I am convinced that was a faulty tile even
though I didnt see anything wrong with it (it crushed under my table saw
caster).   They clean up from fluids very easily, have not yet stained and
where I have scuffed or scratched tiles, its pretty much invisible since it
is the same color, of course I can see them but no one else has noticed them.

   I don't have 2 separate shops so my main shop is my everything shop and
weld splatter is the only thing that has stained them permanently so far.

  The cool part is the patterns you can have/make with them.  Have I
mentioned that they were a lot more expensive then epoxy ? but I think they
were worth it.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/