Cleaning master cylinder reservoir

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Cleaning master cylinder reservoir
From: "PJ McGarvey" <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:39:36 -0400
The previous post about brake lines reminded me about a question I've been
meaning to ask.

I'm swapping a new master cylinder into my Rabbit, and wanted to clean out
the master cylinder reservoir, which I can see is really dirty on the
inside.  One side I can reach with a brush through the fill hole, but the
other side has only a small slot (to prevent sloshing I guess) and small
hole where it plugs into the MC.  I've tried Simple Green w/ hot water and
some generic cleaners, even letting them soak for days undiluted.  A new one
would probably cost more than I want to spend since the original is in good
condition.  I don't want to get to crazy with chemicals b/c it's made of
plastic, but my first thought was putting some abrasive in there (sand,
etc.) and shaking it around.

Any ideas?

PJ

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!