Re: gutters

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gutters
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:24:20 +0000
I think it depends a lot on the roof profile and the amount of rain.  on our
steep roof section in a heavy rain, the stream coming off the valley will
completely overshoot the rainhandler, and will not adhere to a gutter
helmet-type system (I measured for the handler, and a neighbor with them said
the covers don't work in that situation.  apparently they do work if the flow
isn't extreme.
I don't have much a of a leaf problem (yet, but the trees will grow), but I do
need a way to control the slucing off those few spots were the water really
comes off.  I think I'll have to use one of those ugly pop-ups that stop the
water and make it flow into the gutter.
scott