Re: oil change

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: oil change
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:01:40 -0500
Kai wrote:

> I will put this as bluntly as possible, most Amsoil products are garbage.
> This is based purely on my opinion of their deceptive marking campaigns,
> incomplete test results,  tests of their own design which really do not
> replicate any lubrication situation in your engine, and deceptively
stating
> their SAE ratings (such that a product appears to meet SAE SL or SJ
> standards when it actually does not).

Amsoil _IS_ really good at "flim-flam" promotion . .

My personal favorite current flim-flamer  is "PB BLASTER", a penetrating
oil.  It's primary claim to fame is that it will eat a hole in a foam cup!!!
Just why this should be impressive to a buyer is baffling.    I guess we are
supposed to think it is "penetrating" the cup rather than merely eating the
plastic.  If this was a test of anything, lacquer-thinner, lighter fluid or
gasoline will eat foam even faster that "PB Blaster!"