Results of Y.O.M. CA plate search.

To: Healey <Healeys@Autox.Team.Net>, Shop talk
Subject: Results of Y.O.M. CA plate search.
From: bn1@pacbell.net
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 06:57:11 -0700
Listers,

Thanks for the many responses.  I had been watching eBay and was
outbid on a couple of  pairs.  The bidding seemed way out of line for
the condition of the plates.  I had also contacted one dealer who was
much too pricey for me, even more than eBay.

Many thanks to Mark Miller of our List for turning me on to Azusa Al
@  http://home.earthlink.net/~ajb44/   The Healey needed some exercise
anyway so we drove up to Al's.  He had 4 sets of "clear" '51 base CA
plates laid out for me along with a pair of professionally restored
'53 tags.  Their physical condition was as he had described on the
phone and the price was fair.  We struck a deal which was much better
than the auctions I have seen on eBay.

Al is a great guy and easy to do business with.  I would highly
recommend him to anyone looking for plates.  No financial interest,
just a very happy customer.

Bill Barnett
Santa Ana, CA
'53 BN1 soon to be sporting the proper plates :-)