RE: ups (uninterrupted power supply) questions?

To: "'Scott Hall'" <scott.hall@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: ups (uninterrupted power supply) questions?
From: "Ronald Griffing" <ragriffi@smt-net.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 08:21:54 -0800
I use an U.P.S. from APC on some of my computers (my file server and main
workstation). They are plugged into the un-interruptible outlets, along with
the DSL modem, PDA and routers.  The printers are plugged into the filtered
outlets, as I don't need them while the power is out.  Most of my power
problems are over-voltage spikes.  The monitoring program that came with it,
track Over and under voltage, as well as outages.  Whole house filters are
available, but I do not have any experience with them. There are filters
available for the coax, but I haven't tried them either.

The various manufacturers have tools on their websites to help you pick the
U.P.S. that will fit your needs.  My personal preference is APC. NFI and
YMMV!

Ronald Griffing
Scio, OR 97374-9732