Re: Tube attaches to basement Laundry tub--What does it do?

To: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Tube attaches to basement Laundry tub--What does it do?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:10:45 -0400
Steven Trovato wrote:
> The one time I was tempted to do something like this was to send some
> water to a floor drain.  If a floor drain has a trap, for the trap to be
> functional there must be water in it.  If it never gets used, the water
> will evaporate.  Then you basically have an open pathway to whatever is
> at the other end.  I'm not saying that's what this is, though.  All
> anyone can really do is speculate...  or peek around the wall and see
> what's there.  I think it's time to ask the super.  Just tell him we've
> got to know!

   Around here, that's exactly what it is, and where it is connected. A
prime line for the floor drain.

   It's assumed that you might use that sink just a little every now and
then, and the little line bleeds water into the drain to keep the trap full.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca