Re: Tool names.

To: Shop-Talk Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tool names.
From: Bill Rabel <brabel@dlux.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:49:08 -0700
> I loved it when they open the trunk of the Mercedes to find the
> body and
> the bloody murder weapon.  They pull out the weapon, a crow bar, and
> call it a "Tire Iron".  If you put a crow bar in a trunk, does it
> magically become a tire iron?  It's also referred to as that a
> couple of
> more times in the show.

I go nuts during news broadcasts when they describe heavy equipment.
It's always called a 'bulldozer', even if it's really a backhoe,
excavator, wheel loader, etc. It's called a crane, even if it's a
work platform, forklift, or anything that generally sticks up in the
air.

It assures you that they're probably wrong about the terminology on
subjects you're not familiar with. To paraphrase, "It must be
inaccurate because I heard it on TV."

- Bill Rabel
   Anacortes, WA