RE: Lead battery adapters

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lead battery adapters
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 07:12:56 -0800

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

> Anyone know of adapters to allow a small battery (eg:  lawn tractor,
> motorcycle) with the flat connectors to connect to a standard round
> automotive cable?

I made my own ring terminal from some soft copper tubing.  Choose a tubing size
that will fit snugly over the cable (slit it if you have to).  Crush the other
end with a vice, then drill a suitable hole and grind it to shape.  Solder it
onto the cable.  Now you can bolt it to your MC battery as usual.

And for the big battery (assuming you want to put it back after the event), any
camping supply should sell the adapters to connect your new ring terminal to a
standard battery post.

Randall