Compressor plumbing detail

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Compressor plumbing detail
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:58:10 -0500

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

Hello,

I got a new air compressor last night (a nice big one).  I've see a
lot of information on how to do plumbing form this list and
places like tptools.com, but I have a couple of questions:

1:  The flex hose that should run from the compressor to the rigid plumbing:
     Can this be the sort of flex hose that Home Depot, etc. sell for
     water heaters, etc., or do I need a specialty item?  The compressor
     is a two-stage model, so it will have 175 PSI or so.

2:  Will ordinary ball-style valves work OK for shutoff valves without leaking?
     When the compressor instructions refer to a "globe valve", is that just
     another term for a ball valve?

Thanks,

Doug Braun