Re: LED "Shake" flashlights

Subject: Re: LED "Shake" flashlights
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:59:04 -0500

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

On Nov 17, 2005, at 10:17 AM, PJ McGarvey wrote:

> shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
> http://fatchancegarage.com
>
> Anyone have one of these?  I'd like to keep one in the unheated garage
> and in the car, will they work in the cold, do they provide the type
> of lasting charge they say they will?

A friend brought his over the other day. The light wasn't impressive,
but he said it lasted a minute or so. Better than dead batteries but no
match for live ones. He's going to try and swap in a bigger capacitor
to get more longevity.

I'd prefer a wind up light, but then you have breakable parts.

jim